We reserve time monthly for employees to spread kindness into the world. Whether it’s writing LinkedIn recommendations for one another or writing letters to the incarcerated, kindness is more than just lip service around here.
A task force that brings our expert services to local businesses run by people of color, LGBTQ individuals or individuals with development disabilities (IDD).
We create opportunities for employees to give time or resources to communities in need within work hours. We also encourage employees to participate in their own causes, and allow them to take time during work hours to volunteer or attend protests.
K&P Agency Values - How We Run the Agency
Honesty really is the best policy. We create a healthier work environment when:
- Leadership is open about every aspect of the business
- Employees can be open about their experiences without judgment
- We are 100% honest with clients; no smoke and mirrors
Leaderless & Leaderful
We strive to dismantle the common harms of hierarchies within typical organizations. We believe in a co-leadership structure that:
- Ensures every employee has a say in the decisions that affect them
- Honors people’s different levels of experience and wisdom
- Creates accountability and ownership for every employee
People Over Profit
We value the well-being of our employees more than we care about revenue. To the point of terminating clients if they’re affecting the team negatively.
Always Be Learning
Every single person is a work in progress. The more you learn, the more you grow. The more you grow, the more you elevate others.
Always Be Unlearning
We prioritize growth in cultural competency as much as we do professional development, viewing the former as pivotal in creating a safer society for all of humankind. We are committed to unlearning the harmful ways we participate in racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc.
Management Values - How We Run The Team
Know the Goal
There is a desired outcome for every action we take - every single thing we do impacts our outcomes.
Start At the End
Every task has a deadline - a requisite for prioritization.
Always Be Learning (And Growing)
PR & Marketing is EVERYWHERE. Our employees are conscious consumers of it all!
Just Say No Know (And Get to Know) Yourself
Set boundaries to maintain your peace.
Our Antiracism Commitment
- Always Be Unlearning
We stand in solidarity with the fight against systemic racism, white supremacy, and the historic oppression of the Black community. Black lives matter is not a belief. It is a fact. Our efforts go beyond creating a welcoming and diverse workforce (which is highly important as well). Kel & Partners strives to take regular action in this movement via education, conversations, monetary contributions, hiring practices, and more. Our employees are active pursuers of an antiracist society.
We pledge to:
- Provide quarterly “unlearning” sessions for the entire company to continue conversations about the problematic systems we were raised in
- Host regular initiatives, events, and trainings run by DEI professionals
- Contribute our social media and public relations resources to local businesses owned by BIPOC, LGBTQ, Latinx, or AAPI individuals (free of charge!)
- Double the number of Black and Latinx employees by 2023
- Increase the number of Black and Latinx people in leadership positions by 30% over the next three years
- Make regular monetary contributions to local organizations that elevate historically underserved communities
- Call in vs. call out when we see acts of racism, homophobia, transphobia, and misogyny - even if it is a client perpetuating these systems
- Assess and dismantle harmful hierarchies within our organization to establish equity for all employees
- Remain open to feedback
- Never view these efforts as complete or checked boxes. This is a lifelong and ever changing commitment.